Another Christmas Ornament, made from a kit by The Beadery. (Excuse the pictures not being great, they’re copies from a leaflet)
Rudolph Christmas Ornament Kit
Tools Needed: Scissors, Wire Cutters, Ruler
Materials Needed: 594 x Brown 6mm flat plastic beads, 36 x Black 8mm flat plastic beads, 18 x Red 14mm flat plastic beads, 10 yards (9.14m) light brown thread, 12 dark brown pipecleaners
- Cut thread into 20″ (50.8cm) lengths.
- Fold in half.
- Onto right side, thread 1 red bead and 3 brown beads, centering them on the thread.
- Pass the left side through the 3 brown beads, making them into a horizontal line above the red.
- Using the same method, make successive lines using the following combinations: line 1 – 4 brown beads; line 2 – 1 brown, 1 black, 1 brown, 1 black, 1 brown bead; line 3 – 5 brown beads.
- On each side of the head, form an ear by threading on 6 brown beads, then pass the thread back through the first of the sixth bead.
- Add another row of 5 brown beads as before.
- Knot off the threads at each side onto the ear threads, cutting close to the work but being careful not to cut the work itself!
- Cut 18 x 3″ (7.6cm) lengths of pipecleaner
- Thread the lengths of pipecleaners through the top row of 5 brown beads on each Rudolph
- Bend the pipecleaners upwards to form the antlers
- Cut 36 x 2″ (5cm) lengths of pipecleaner
- On each Rudolph, bend one 2″ length of pipecleaner around each upward antler, creating the antler branches.
- Et voila! One finished Rudolph! And he can be hung up using thread or monofilament wire.