A special Breast Cancer Awareness kit that I have made is little pink angels. Now personally I HATE pink, but some people like it, so I made them anyway!
As with the other ornaments, these will be for sale at my Christmas sales, but would love to hear what you think!
Hope you like them!
Pink Angel Ornaments
Tools Needed: Pliers, Wire Cutters, Ruler, Glue
Materials Needed: 78 x pink 4mm beads, 18 x pink 6mm beads, 6 x white 10mm beads, 6 x clear patterned 15mm hearts, 3 x pink pipecleaners, 3 yards (2.7 metres beading wires)
- Cut beading wire into 17″ (43.8cm) pieces.
- Thread onto piece of wire 6 x 4mm beads and 1 x 10mm bead.
- Loop wire back through 10mm bead, pulling ends out to side to make pink beads as “hair”. Twist together the wires twice.
- Thread on a heart bead, point first, and then a 6mm bead. Taking the wire round the outside of the bead, thread it back through the heart bead and then spread out into two arms.
- On right arm, thread one 6mm bead, followed by 6 x 4mm beads and a second 6mm bead.
- Thread the left arm through the beads on the right arm, centralising the beads on the two arms.
- Thread a 4mm bead on one arm, threading the other through and centralising the bead in the circle of the arms. Take the ends of the wires behind the head and twist a couple of times to secure. Don’t cut the ends yet!
- Cut the pipecleaners into 6″ (15cm) lengths. Twist each end into bow shapes, then turn up the ends.
- Put a dot of glue on the back of the angel where the twisted wires split, place the pipecleaner bow on the glue and use the wire to secure in place.
As usual, pictures to illustrate. Not the greatest ones from the instruction sheet, but done my best!