Something a bit different for you – some candy cane wheels. These are so cute, and so easy to make too.
As with the other ornaments, these will be for sale at my Christmas sales, but would love to hear what you think!
Hope you like them!
Candy Cane Wheel Christmas Ornaments
Tools Needed: Pliers, Wire Cutters, Ruler
Materials Needed: 144 x 4mm round white beads, 360 x 6mm round red beads, 288 x 6mm round white beads, 18 x silver pipecleaners.
- Cut pipecleaners into 6″ (15.2cm) pieces.
- Take 3 pipecleaners and make a cross shape with 2 horizontals (together) and one vertical piece.
- Secure the horizontals by wrapping the bottom of the vertical up over them.
- Tighten the wrap by taking the vertical by taking it back down again to finish the cross shape again.
- Take the two horizontals apart to make a six-prong star shape.
- Thread onto each prong 1 x 4mm round bead, 4 x sets of red then white 6mm beads, then an extra red 6mm bead, and finally an extra 4mm bead to finish.
- Using the pliers, turn the pipecleaner at the end of each prong around to make a closed hook, securing the beads.
- Bend the ends of the prongs to make the candy cane shapes, ensuring they follow round in a wheel rotation.
To hang your ornament, use a length of monofilament line or thread through the top hook of the wheel and tie off.
As usual, pictures to illustrate. Not the greatest ones from the instruction sheet, but done my best!