This was the very first kit I made, and they’re really easy to make too. And the finished result are some really great looking Candy Canes in a variety of colour mixes.
As with the other ornaments, these will be for sale at my Christmas sales, but would love to hear what you think!
Hope you like them!
Candy Cane Christmas Ornaments
Tools Needed: Pliers, Wire Cutters
Materials Needed: 230 x 11mm sparkly red 3-prong beads, 156 x 11mm white 3-prong beads, 222 x 11mm sparkly green 3-prong beads, 3 x green pipecleaners
- Cut pipecleaners in half.
- Make a closed hook shape in the end of the pipecleaner.
- Onto the pipecleaner thread the combination of 3-prong beads needed to make the coloured candy cane you want (see pictures).
- Use the pliers to turn the end under and secure the beads.
- Bend the top of the candy cane over to make the hook shape.
Thread a length of monofilament line or thread around the top hook of the candy cane and tie off to hang the ornament.
As usual, pictures to illustrate. Not the greatest ones from the instruction sheet, but done my best!