These pretty crystal crosses are so simple yet they look beautiful.
As with the other ornaments, these will be for sale at my Christmas sales, but would love to hear what you think!
Hope you like them!
Crystal Crosses Tree Ornaments
Tools Needed: Pliers, Wire Cutters, Ruler, Scissors, Glue
Materials Needed: 288 x 6mm clear bicones, 96 x 8mm clear bicones, 96 x 18mm clear fanned beads, 16 x silver pipecleaners.
- Cut pipecleaners into 24 x 4″ (10.2cm) and 24 x 3″ (7.6cm) lengths.
- Take one 4″ length and one 3″ length, and place them in a cross formation, with the 3″ length as a horizontal bar, approximately 1.5″ (3.8cm) down from the top of the 4″ length.
- Twist the 4″ length up and over the top of the 3″ length.
- Secure the 4″ length tightly back down.
- Onto the top of the 4″ pipecleaner thread 1 x 8mm bicone, 1 x 18mm fanned bead, 1 x 6mm bicone, then apply a dot of glue before applying a second 6mm bicone.
- Use the pliers to turn the end over into a closed hook for hanging the cross and securing the beads. Then add the same combination of beads as in step 5 to the right-hand arm of the cross.
- On the longer, bottom arm of the cross thread 1 x 8mm bicone, 1 x 18mm fanned bead, 5 x 6mm bicones, then apply a dot of glue before applying a sixth 6mm bicone.
- Finish the cross by threading the same combination of beads onto the left arm as on step 5. Use the wirecutters to cut off any excess pipecleaner on each arm, and turn under any remainder to secure the beads and finish the cross.
- Thread a length of monofilament line or thread through the top loop of the pipecleaner and tie off.
As usual, pictures to illustrate. Not the greatest ones from the instruction sheet, but done my best!