These pretty little candy canes are simple to make and beautiful colours. And with their size they are perfect for all sized trees!
As with the other ornaments, these will be for sale at my Christmas sales, but would love to hear what you think!
Hope you like them!
Mini Candy Cane Christmas Ornaments
Tools Needed: Pliers, Wire Cutters, Ruler, Scissors
Materials Needed: 72 x 12mm green fanned beads, 96 x 12mm red fanned beads, 288 x 12mm clear fanned beads and 8 silver pipecleaners.
- Cut pipecleaners into 4″ (10cm) pieces.
- Make a closed hook shape in the end of the pipecleaner.
- Onto the pipecleaner thread the following series of beads – 1 red, 2 clear, 1 green, 2 clear. Repeat this twice more, then finish with an additional red bead.
- Bend the end of the pipecleaner over to form the candy cane shape.
- Cut the end of the pipecleaner off at approximately 1/4″ (6mm) past the end of the beads.
- Bend the end of the pipecleaner over to form a tight finished loop and secure the beads.
The ornaments can be hung using monofilament thread or wire tied in a loop from the top.
As usual, pictures to illustrate. Not the greatest ones from the instruction sheet, but done my best!