My next earrings I made were these dangly jewelled numbers. It’s another kit from The Bead Shop, Manchester (www.the-beadshop.co.uk), and helped work on my loop-turning technique!
Hope you like them!
Jewelled Drop Earrings
Tools Needed: Round-Nose & Flat-Nose Pliers & Wire Cutters
Materials Needed 14 x 4mm Silk Xilion Bicone Swarovski Crystals, 8 x 6mm Light Peach Xilion Bicone Swarovski Crystals, 12 x 3mm Crystal Bordeaux Swarovski Pearl Beads, 4 x 6mm Silver Rhinestone Rhondell, 0.5mtr Silver Plated Steel Trace Chain, 20 x Silver Plated 50mm Headpins, 20 x Silver Plated 5mm Jump Rings, 2 x Silver Plated Fishhook Earwires, 2 x Silver Plated Medium Hoop Earring Components.
- Cut the chain into 4 x lengths of 11 links, 4 x lengths of 8 links, and 2 x lengths of 12 links.
- Make your beads onto the headpins (12 headpins total, 6 per earring) – see pic for make up, or design your own – then turn loops on all headpins.
- Attach the looped headpins on to the last link of the chain.
- Open the jump rings and attach to the other end of the chains.
- Attach the two 11 link chains to the outer loops of the earring connector, the 8 link chains to the two inner loops, and the 12 link chain attaches to the middle, large loop. Repeat for the other earring.
- The last two beaded headpins attach straight onto a jump ring, and this threads onto the top loop of the earring.
- Open the loop on the earwires and attach to the top loop of the earring.
And your earrings are complete!!
As usual, pictures to illustrate. Not the greatest ones from the instruction sheet, but done my best!