Like the shamballa look but fed up with the bracelets? Already got some but want some more sparkle in your life and your party outfits? These earrings from another kit from The Bead Shop, Manchester (www.the-beadshop.co.uk) might just fit the bill, and they’re really easy to make! And the best thing is, you’ll have leftover materials to make more earrings afterwards, if you have some leftover shamballa beads and crystals.
Anyway, have a look and see what you think. Hope you like them!
Shamballa Sparkle Earrings (Designed by Emily Kersh)
Tools Needed: Round-Nose & Flat-Nose Pliers & Wire Cutters
Materials Needed 25cm Black-Plated Small Steel Trace Chain, 10 x Black-Plated 5mm Thin Jump Rings, 2 x Vintaj Arte Metal 20x10mm French Ear Wire, 4 x Black-Plated 50mm Eyepins, 2 x coloured 10mm Shamballa Beads, 4 x coloured Swarovski 8mm Xilion Mini Pear Drops, 2 x coloured Swarovski 4mm Xilion Bicone Beads, 5mm Black-Plated Diamante Rhondell.
(Colour of Shamballa and Swarovski beads dependent on what colour earrings you want to make. See pics below)
- On an eyepin, thread a 5mm rhondell, a shamballa bead, another rhondell, then the 4mm Swarovski, before making a wrapped or simple loop. Repeat for the other earring.
- Cut the chain into 2 lengths approx. 6 links and 2 lengths approx. 9 links.
- Attach the Swarovski pear drops with a jump ring onto the end of each chain.
- Open a jump ring, thread on both chains and attach to the bottom of the shamballa eyepin before closing.
- Open the eyepin at the base of the earwire, thread on the rest of the earring and close. Repeat for the other earring.
And your earrings are complete!!
As usual, pictures to illustrate.