Welcome to a new year and a new start! I hope 2015 sees you all well, and that it’ll be a good one for you and yours.
Apologies that the end of last year was such a washout on this blog. Between internet access issues, craft fairs, and sheer lack of time, unfortunately blogging just went out of the window. But this year that’s going to change, and I’m going to be better, I promise! (Yes, I know I say that every time, but this time I mean it!)
So, what have I got planned?
- More regular posts – both of my own work and with links to others’ work that is inspiring me.
- A redesign of my blog to make it easier to find posts and to read.
- Links to Facebook and Pinterest set up in the next couple of weeks (see menu), and regularly updated. Other social media to follow later in the year
- Extra page on blog with updating information about craft fairs and events around the UK (and further afield if requested)
- More craft projects using materials I own, rather than buying new stuff!!
But to do all of these things, I’m going to need your help.
- I’ve got some ideas for posts, but I’d love to hear suggestions from you about things you’d like to see covered – you can contact me by email or in the comments below
- Any suggestions for layout updates would be gratefully received!
- I’m taking a course at the moment to learn about how to use social media properly (I’ve never used any of them before really!), but I’d be interested to hear from you which you use and who you follow, what groups you belong to etc. And I’d really love it if you’d follow me on those platforms too!
- Any information about craft fairs or events would also be gratefully received – local or national, I’m not picky! And if I get enough requests I’ll put international on too (though how many I’ll be able to find of those I don’t know!)
- I have some ideas brewing for projects, but any suggestions you can make for ways to use up craft materials of all sorts, craft room organisation etc would be very welcome – I might even make a post rounding up some ideas soon!
By the way, just to warn you guys, my wheelchair dancing classes start at the beginning of February, with a taster event at the end of January, so I’m going to be having a hectic couple of weeks. My plan is to pre-write and schedule some posts, but just in case I run out of time and material gets thin, I thought I’d warn you in advance!!
It’s so good to be back, and I hope you’ll continue to support me through 2015.